Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 2nd time at track...a little better.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Went to the track last night and only got one run in but I did a little better than last [email protected]. My r/t was .781, last time it was 1.085. 60' this time was 2.467, last time 2.548. However, I did beat the guy in the chevelle in the other lane. At the races I met a pretty cool guy and his two buddies in an Si. They wanted to go to a closed stretch of old highway after the track to see how they would do against me. His car only had an intake and header and he smoked me! Before, I've had no problems with Si's on the street with I/H/E. There were 3 people in his car and 3 in mine so weight wise we were pretty even. I had him by a full car length off the line all the way up to the middle of 3rd...after that he proceeded to pass me with ease. I ended up hitting the speed limiter in my car and he just kept pulling away. We ran four times and he did the same thing everytime. A little embarassing, but at least he didn't rub it in my face. Back to the drawing board!

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  2. #2
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waveoff:
    I had him by a full car length off the line all the way up to the middle of 3rd...after that he proceeded to pass me with ease.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Sounds like NO2 to me. I don't have a problem with Si's with I/H/E. Tom


    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) w/JRSC @ 6psi, J&S Safeguard, Fields SFC, Slater CAI, DC 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler, Cartech FMU, B&M CommandFlo FPR, a grindin' 2nd gear and a bunch of knock...

    '99 Goped (X-ped) 32 mph, 17,000 rpm!!!

    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty certain he wasn't squeezing. He didn't have a bottle in the trunk or any switches in the cockpit. He seemed like a pretty honest guy that was pretty anxious to tell me all about his mods. Who knows though, maybe he had everything hidden well. No biggie, we had fun.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  4. #4
    Inactive Member HondaCivicEx98's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2000
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pls dont mind, but i think is still slow. 16.3 for SC Ex? i am not trying to flame cause i did even worst, 16.68 hhahaha.
    I just wanted to know what is wrong. Cuase there are some people with 95 ex i,h,e and can do low 16. what is our problem?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fred and Ricardo - What is the deal guys? What is the elevation at your local track? Damn, i know Ricardo lives to far, but Fred where do ya live? Man let me drive your EX, i bet money i can get her deep into the 15's. You should be cutting 2.2's at least on street tires. What rpm are you launching at ans what size/type of tires are you running? let me know.

    ------------------
    TEAM GREASE MONKEY

    1995 Civic EX w/ JRSC(6psi)
    * Best 1/4(Street tires):[email protected] w/o NOS
    * Best 1/4(slicks): 13.98@101mph w/ NOS

    ** DYNO RESULTS **
    137hp and 119ft-lbs 4th(6700rpm), 8 BTDC, Temp. 71deg

    1992 H22 Civic VX Hatch......................here comes da BOOST

  6. #6
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The track elevation is 1300' MSL (Salem, OH)...plus it's always been known to be a slippery track. They only clean it twice a year. I'm sure if I could get more than one run in each time I'm there, I could cut some better times. I've done many 14.5 runs on a gtech before...now if only I could do that at the track. I'm launching at 2,500 rpm's with good hook-up. I deflated my front tires to 27 psi and my rears upped to 40 psi. They're Michelin Pilot XGT V4's in 205/55/15 on 12 lb wheels.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waveoff:
    The track elevation is 1300' MSL (Salem, OH)...plus it's always been known to be a slippery track. They only clean it twice a year. I'm sure if I could get more than one run in each time I'm there, I could cut some better times. I've done many 14.5 runs on a gtech before...now if only I could do that at the track. I'm launching at 2,500 rpm's with good hook-up. I deflated my front tires to 27 psi and my rears upped to 40 psi. They're Michelin Pilot XGT V4's in 205/55/15 on 12 lb wheels.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Heah, how far are you from CINCY or Columbus. I'm about an hour from Cincy. Maybe we could hook up on a weekend or something or better yet you can come down to my local track. We get to run 5-20 passes if we went between 3-7pm on Friday Test&Tune. As long as there isn't a big bracket event on Saturday.


  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HondaCivicEx98:
    btw, what is the rpm should i launch?
    thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Street tires - 2400-2600rpms (feather it out 'til it hooks)

    Slicks - 7000rpms(everyone says that is too high, but I haven't been able to break the slicks loose). You either hook or break something.........I pretty sure tie-rods are shot. Oh well biggrin



    [This message has been edited by Bigkat (edited September 24, 2000).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member HondaCivicEx98's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2000
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bigkat, you are right, i forgot to mention my 0-60 was 2.8. hahahah worst part is, i was using my frinds slicks. I launched at 5000 rpm(another Joke). I ma not sure what was the elevation but sure not sea level.
    i am planning to go soon and waiting the weather to get cooler. i will let u know.
    btw, what is the rpm should i launch?
    thanks

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Drives an LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2000
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bigkat: How the heck did you pull a 14.92 in an SC EX? I had a best of 15.08 in my SC LS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •